Please tell us! What exhibits do you want to see at the Museum?
Please pick up to three exhibit ideas that interest you most. Your response and input are vital to our planning process. Just click on the button to be taken to the form.
Responses will be used to round out our 48-month exhibit schedule, which currently has the following:
- Fall 2022 – Fire and the Embers of Discovery
- Spring 2023 – Immigration – the journey to Salina in the late 1800s
- Fall 2023 – Women of Salina
- Spring 2024 – The Smoky Hill River
- Fall 2024
- Spring 2025
- Fall 2025
- Spring 2026 – America’s 250th anniversary
- Fall of 2026 – Celebrate the Museum’s 40th anniversary
The Smoky Hill Museum uses a 48-month schedule to plan, collect and research exhibits. A typical exhibit takes at least 18 months from beginning to end (or to fully develop and fabricate before it’s opened to the public.) Often the search for artifacts and research materials is conducted years before the exhibit opens.