COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures
by smokyhillmuseum | Updated March 26, 2021
Museum visitors and shoppers:
- Masks are required while you are in the museum. If you didn’t bring a mask, you may have one from Smoky Hill Museum.
- Visiters are encouraged to follow social distancing rules and keep 6 feet between your group and other visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Please keep your children with you at all times.
- Use your elbow or a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Touch as few surfaces as possible.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hand frequently.
We are taking the following precautions to keep our visitors and staff members safe:
- During business hours staff and volunteers will wear masks in public and common areas.
- Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer have been placed throughout the gallery for visitor use.
- Plexiglas barriers have been installed at the front and store desks.
- Most interactive elements are still available, but some have been removed. Other items are on a rotation so that there are fresh items every day.
- Gallery handouts are available online
- We will be closing an hour early to perform additional, enhanced cleaning procedures.
- The facility is treated with Prevent X, a long-lasting antimicrobial that provides continuous surface protection in between cleaning and disinfecting.