New Museum Sponsors: Zimmerman Family Foundation and Jeff and Sherry Denton

Community partnerships that strengthen the Museum’s educational impact continue to unfold. Joining as newer sponsors are the Zimmerman Family Foundation and Jeff and Sherry Denton.

In addition to running Salina Supply Company, one of the state’s largest suppliers of plumbing, HVAC, water works and sewer pump equipment, founded in 1919, John Zimmerman and children Dave, Ann, Mark and Jeff find joy in giving to many charitable causes and projects. As the sponsor of the recent Central Gallery exhibit “Spark!” the Zimmermans hope to inspire learners of all ages while honoring their late wife and mother Patsy, who volunteered at the Museum for many years.

From hiring on as a new pharmacist in October 1968 to serving as an active partner 46 years later, Jeff Denton of B&K Prescription Shop loves his work and helping others appreciate the history of Salina. As he and Sherry sponsor the “Growing A Community” platform that highlights Salina’s public and private services, Denton remembers moving in 1978 from the B&K Apothecary Shop at 600 S. Santa Fe to its current building at 601 E. Iron Avenue as it combined with B & K Prescription Shop, previously at 110 S. Seventh, as part of Salina’s evolving downtown story.

Among sponsorship opportunities available are those featuring pioneer settlers, the mercantile and home life. Such a venture is easy for a family, foundation, civic group or church to do. Contact Kay at 785-309-5776 or at to see how you can play an active role in the Museum’s future.